Vocational Qualification in Mechanical Engineering and Production Technology provides you with the basic knowledge of both theory and practice of mechanical engineering industry.
The education is carried out at our modern well-equipped premises in Riveria, Outokumpu, but the practical training periods that are held in the companies will make up an important part of the education.
Entry requirements for studies
- Nationality: All nationalities can apply for the programme.
- Age: You are at least 18 years of age when studies starts.
- High school certificate or the general school-leaving certificate
- Good English language skills
- Good physical condition to study and work in the mechanical engineering and production technology industry
How is the education arranged?
The training is performed in English. The qualification includes full-time studying as well as on-the-job learning periods. The classes are held during daytime (monday-friday). The duration of studies is approximately 3 years. On-the-job learning already exists during the first year.
A personal study development plan is made for each student based on his/ her previous experience and studies.
Programme composition of plater-welder
The scope of the studies is 180 competence points (cp).
This qualification will also give you a good basis for continuing studies in a university level.
- Working in manufacturing tasks
- Installation and automation tasks
- Welding and plate work
- CNC edging
- Sheet metal work
- Working with steel structures
The application period will take place in 28. March – 24. April 2022 for studies beginning in 29. August 2022 in Outokumpu.
- Interviews: week 18
- Student selection: week 19
We help with housing-related matters.
Lecturer Timo Ahonen
phone: +358 50 357 6169
phone: +358 13 244 3000
Sinulla on jo ammatti tai olet hakemassa yhteishaun ulkopuolella.